How To Go Amarnath Yatra
Are you planning to visit Amarnath Yatra? ‘yes’? Well, you must know that Amarnath is located in the northern part of India and it is near Srinagar and Jammu. The best time to visit Amarnath is from the month of June to August. So, before you start your journey, you must know about the best way to go Amarnath Yatra. To help you get this information, we have prepared this content after a lot of travel research. So, please continue reading this content on ‘How to go Amarnath Yatra by road, train, bus, flight & helicopter’.
Read More – How To Reach Kedarnath From Delhi
How To Go Amarnath Yatra By Road
Visit Jammu by road and after that to Srinagar, then lastly to Baltal or Pahalgam. The shortest journey by road to Amarnath is through Baltal while a simpler one is through Pahalgam. We would suggest you take the Pahalgam route if you are going with families or older citizens. Though the Pahalgam route is long as it takes 3-5 days to reach Amarnath yet, it is safe to travel. The Baltal route is short but risky. You can travel through the Baltal route if you are traveling with youngsters.
Amarnath yatra road condition and Amarnath yatra road map through both routes have been explained below in detail.
1. Baltal to Amarnath Route
Baltal ➡️ Domali ➡️ Barari ➡️ Sangam ➡️ Amarnath Cave
This route begins from Baltal to Domali. The distance is around 2 km. From here, there is another 6 km journey to Barari and subsequently, 4 km more to Sangam. This passes on simply 2 km to reach Amarnath.
This route is 14 km long and takes only 1 or 2 days to reach Amarnath. But, this route is a bit risky as road conditions and weather conditions through this route are not good. Pony is not available for this route so you need to either walk or settle on Dandies.
2. Pahalgam to Amarnath Route
Pahalgam ➡️ Chandanwadi ➡️ Pissu Top ➡️ Zoji Bal ➡️ Naga Koti ➡️ Sheshnag ➡️ Warbal ➡️ Mahagunas Top ➡️ Pabibal ➡️ Panchtarni ➡️ Sangam ➡️ Amarnath
Amarnath Yatra through Pahalgam route begins from the headquarters at Pahalgam to Chandanwadi. This distance between them is approx. 16 km. Then, at that point, from Chandanwadi, a 13 km journey takes you to Sheshnag and a further 4.6 km trip to Panchtarni. From there, you need to walk for 2 km to reach Amarnath.
Pahalgam to Amarnath Cave distance is approx. 36 to 48 km. It takes around 3 to 5 days to cover this distance (one way). A large portion of travelers prefers to travel through this route. Though this route is a bit long, it is very safe to travel.
Furthermore, you can also hire a pony to travel through this route. This is how to reach Amarnath Yatra by road.
Read More – How To Reach Vaishno Devi Temple
How To Go Amarnath Yatra By Train
There are no direct trains from any major cities to visit Amarnath. The closest railway station is Jammu which is 178 km away from Amarnath. From Jammu, one can book a taxi to reach either Baltal or Pahalgam. From Baltal, it is a 1 or 2 days journey (15 km) to arrive at Amarnath. And, the Pahalgam course is somewhat longer and requires around 3-5 days (36-48 km). This is how to go Amarnath Yatra by train.
Amarnath Yatra train ticket price will depend on where are traveling to Amarnath. Please visit the IRCTC portal to check the Amarnath Yatra train timetable.
How To Reach Amarnath Temple By Bus
Are you looking for Amarnath Yatra bus booking? Transport facility is offered by Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Company (JKSRTC) during Amarnathji Yatra. Amarnath Yatra bus ticket price starts from Rs 183. You can contact the JKSRTC Toll-free No: 1800-180-7101, to know about buses.
|Types of Vehicles
|Fare Charges (₹)
|Jammu-Pahalgam and vice-versa
|Jammu-Baltal and vice-versa
|Srinagar-Baltal and vice-versa
|Srinagar-Pahalgam and vice-versa
This is how to go Amarnath Yatra by bus.
Read More – How To Reach Somnath Temple From Delhi
How To Go Amarnath Yatra By Flight & Helicopter
Are you looking for Amarnath Yatra flight booking? Yes? As Amarnath has no airport. So, Srinagar Airport is the closest air terminal to Amarnath. Flights fly from various parts of India to Srinagar Airport. Furthermore, Srinagar International Airport (SXR) is only 72 km away from Amarnath. And, Amarnath Yatra air ticket price depends on the distance you need to travel.
After reaching Srinagar, you can travel by helicopter to Amarnath. Want to know about Amarnath Yatra helicopter booking? Yes? Well, you can book a helicopter ride online around 60 days in advance from the Tourism of India portal. Tourism of India helicopter tour to Amarnath package includes the following facilities:
Schedule – Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter From Baltal
Read More – How To Go Kailash Mansarovar Yatra From India
Day 1 – Srinagar – Sonmarg
On the first day of your tour, they will shift you from Srinagar Airport to a hotel in Sonmarg where a comfortable bed and caring staff will welcome you. You can explore Sonmarg for the rest of the day.
Day 2 – Sonamarg – Baltal – Amarnath – Sonamarg
Awaken to thrilling birds and lovely views in Sonmarg on the second day of your Amarnath Yatra by helicopter. On this day, after breakfast, you will be transferred to the Neelgrath helipad in Baltal. Depending upon the atmospheric conditions, the helicopters in Baltal function between 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This helicopter will fly from Baltal and land at Panchtarni.
From the Panchtarni helipad, the Amarnath cave is situated 6 kilometers further up on the mountain. As the Amarnath Cave is a 2-hour trek from Panchtarni. For the people who can’t walk, horses, as well as palki rides, are also accessible. After you complete your Darshan in the Amarnath cave, you will be transferred to Panchtarni, from where a helicopter will return you to Neelgrath. From Neelgrath, you will be sent to Sonamarg. The short-term visit will be at Sonamarg.
Day 3 – Return
After a comfortable breakfast on a houseboat, you will be sent to Srinagar Airport.
This Amarnath yatra helicopter ticket price begins from Rs 12600 + GST per person. This is how to go Amarnath Yatra by flight & helicopter.
Read More – How To Reach Gangasagar
Amarnath Yatra Opening And Closing Date 2023
The date of Opening for the Amarnath yatra is 30th June 2023 and the date of closing is 11 August 2023.
Amarnath Yatra online registration process 2023
For online registration, you can download its form from the official portal of the Amarnath Shrine Board. Fill out the form and attach all the required documents, including a Compulsory Health Certificate (also called CHC) that is issued on or after the mentioned date by the Authorized Doctor or Medical Institution. The registration fee for this yatra is only Rs 100. But, the age limit for Yatri is between 13 years and 75 years. Furthermore, pregnant women who are more than 6 months pregnant are not allowed for the Amarnath yatra.
How much money is required for Amarnath Yatra
A minimum of Rs 10000 is required for Amarnath yatra, if you travel by the cheapest mode of transport like by train or by bus then by pony or palkis. Tour by flight or helicopter will cost you around Rs 20000 including meals, hotel stays, and other tourist spot visits.
Read More – How To Reach ISKCON Mayapur
Amarnath Yatra guidelines 2023 –
- If you have any health issues, you must inform fellow trekkers and authorities before starting the yatra. Make sure to consult your doctor before starting this trip.
- Have lots of carbohydrates on this trip.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, or consuming caffeine.
- Children below 13 years, older people above 75 years, and 6 weeks pregnant women are not allowed for this yatra.
- Free food and water services will be provided during the yatra.
- Tents at Nuwan in Pahalgam will be provided along with mats and blankets to save you from cold weather.
- The weather will be very cold in Jammu and Kashmir, so make sure to carry woolen clothes, jackets, caps, raincoats, torches, and gloves.
- Carry a pair of waterproof boots made of plastic or rubber. They will help you with the water and snow.
- Littering and photography are not allowed inside the caves.
- You will need to use common toilets so carry enough toilet paper, soap, napkins, etc. with you.
- Many times the return helicopter gets delayed due to weather conditions so be prepared to stay at Panchtarni for a day.
- Before you start the trek, discuss the meeting point with your group if later anyone gets lost or confused.
- Each group member must carry all the printouts of the helicopter tickets and other accommodation coupons.
- Mobile phones do not work in Baltal, Panchtarni, and Cave areas. Only the BSNL network works that too sometimes so make sure to carry roaming-enabled BSNL SIM cards with you.
Read More –
- Top 10 Best Romantic Hill Stations In India
- Best Time To Visit Puri Jagannath Temple
- Best Time To Visit Darjeeling For Snowfall
- How To Reach Darjeeling From Delhi
- 10 Best Places To Visit in Kalimpong
- 6 Best Places To Visit in Dooars
- 7 Best Places To Visit in Mirik
- Top 10 Most Peaceful Places in India
- Top 10 Hill Stations in Sikkim
- 10 Best Places To Visit in Digha