Lakshadweep or Andaman Which is Better Place
Are you planning to spend your holidays on an island? Sounds interesting! So, which island are you planning to visit for your holidays? Are you also among those who are thinking ‘Lakshadweep or Andaman which is better?’. Well, here is good news for you. You will get to know which is best for traveling Andaman or Lakshadweep. So, continue reading!
What Is Lakshadweep Famous For?
To decide ‘which is better place Lakshadweep or Andaman’, you need to know about their climatic conditions. Lakshadweep Island experiences tropical weather. It is hot throughout the year, with the hottest months being December through April. The rainy season in Lakshadweep begins in May and lasts until November. So, October to mid-May is the best time to visit Lakshadweep. Avoid visiting the area during monsoons as it can be difficult to access the area during these monsoons.
Places To Visit in Lakshadweep
- Minicoy Island: Minicoy Island is the second-largest Island in Lakshadweep. It is inhabited. This Island is also well-known for its luxurious beach resorts, which offer solace to those who are looking for tranquillity. This is a great place for couples looking to have a romantic getaway with loved ones. The beaches and ocean waters are clear and clean. So, you can understand Lakshadweep or Andaman which is better.
- Agatti Island: This scenic island, which stretches over 8 km, is very sparsely populated. There are approximately 8000 people living there. This island is full of natural beauty. There are many of natural vegetation, as well as charming palm and coconut trees, in every corner of the island. It is easy to explore the island on foot, but visitors can also rent a bike for commuting.
- Kavaratti: Another precious jewel that makes up the Lakshadweep Islands is this island. The capital of Lakshadweep, this island is also known for its stunning sea views and pristine white beaches. There is no shortage of natural beauty. The island has 12 atolls and 5 submerged banks. There are also 3 coral reefs. The island boasts stunning views of the Arabian Sea and tranquil surroundings.
Lakshadweep’s coconut powder and oils are well-known. Many packaged products are purchased by visitors, including frozen fish cans, fish oil, and fish biscuits. The markets are usually located on the beaches. Minicoy, Kavaratti, and Agatti are the most popular Islands for shopping. So, you decide ‘Lakshadweep or Andaman which is better?’.
Lakshadweep, the smallest of the Indian union territories, is a collection of incredible islands located in the Arabian Sea off the west coast. It comprises 36 islands, including atolls and reefs. Submerged banks are also included. Its remoteness is what makes Lakshadweep so special. It is both beautiful and mysterious and offers a unique mix of tourists. You will also get to enjoy many water activities on Lakshadweep Island.
To understand which is more beautiful Lakshadweep or Andaman, you need to read about the special qualities of the Andaman Islands too.
Let’s discuss Andaman so that you can decide Lakshadweep or Andaman which one is better? in better way…
What Is Andaman Famous For?
Tropical weather is common in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The weather is warm and humid with cool ocean breezes at night. It receives a lot of rainfall from the southwest Monsoons (from May to September) and tropical cyclones (October and November). So, November to May is the best time to visit Andaman for honeymoon. Avoid visiting during monsoons due to high tides and strong winds, as well as incessant rains.
Places To Visit In Andaman
- Ross Island: The island is located just 2 km from Port Blair. It was once home to the British administrative center. It is now an uninhabited area that is only visited for its scenic views and beauty. A few remnants of a church and swimming pool are still visible. So, now you can decide between Lakshadweep or Andaman which is better.
- Havelock Island: With a total area of 113.98 sq. meters, Havelock Island is one of the largest islands in Andaman & Nicobar. Kilometers. It is located northeast of Port Blair and boasts pristine waters, sandy beaches, corals, lush green forests, and rich corals. This is the perfect spot for adventurous divers to enjoy deep-sea diving and scuba diving.
- Cellular Jail: Also known as the Kala Pani or the Kala Pani prison, the cellular jail was an old colonial prison that the British built in Port Blair. All freedom fighters were exiled here and faced many atrocities by the British. Anyone will feel patriotically charged by the atmosphere of the cell jail. This jail is a reflection of India’s darkest and most horrifying past.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands offer many things for travelers. Andaman handicrafts are excellent for souvenirs, gifts, and memorabilia. Handmade products make great home decor items. Andaman is known for its pearls and spices, timber crafts, timber articles, timber crafts shells, jute products, coconut handicrafts, Nicobar mats, cane goods, and fishbone articles. ‘Which is cheaper Andaman or Lakshadweep?’ Both Lakshadweep and Andaman have their own uniqueness so it is not easy to decide which is cheaper.
Andaman is included in the list of Union Territories of India. The Nicobar Islands are two distinct groups of islands located at the Bay of Bengal’s southeast end. The Andaman Islands are the summits of a submerged mountain range. Nicobar Island is an arch that runs between Sumatra island, Indonesia, and Myanmar. Blair is the capital of the Andaman Islands and Nicobar Islands.
This area has gained a lot of importance recently, mainly because it is home to a cellular jail. It is also a historic landmark and offers many adventure sports, including parasailing, scuba diving, kayaking, and parasailing. So, now, you can understand which is better for honeymoon Lakshadweep or Andaman. Decide according to your preferences ‘Lakshadweep or Andaman which is better. Enjoy your tour to its fullest! Keep smiling 🙂
Read More –